Video Game Producer
Sega is seeking an experienced, creative, highly capable Video Game Producer to join our talented team in developing the next generation of award-winning games for console, PC, and emerging platforms. The Producer will primarily be responsible for managing external development teams globally, as well as supporting the product publishing and development process from concept through and after release. Responsibilities include greenlighting, scheduling, tracking development, budgeting, and ensuring team deliverables are met in a timely manner, on budget and at high quality. The Producer will also manage and coordinate a wide array of relationships with internal stakeholders globally along with internal team resources to produce content and assets for multiple platforms.
- Managing the execution of the game development process to produce high-quality content within business parameters such as schedule, quality, and budget.
- Creating and maintaining project plans, in conjunction with the development team(s), including scope, resources, schedule, and budget.
- Working closely with the business development team to identify and vet development partners worldwide.
- Leading the creation of game design and definition by developing concept design documents and specifications in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Setting expectations both internally and with our external development partners through clear documentation and communication.
- Communicating project status to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working with all internal business units including localization, QA, publishing, marketing, licensing, animation, legal, sales, etc.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve quality, on-time, and on-budget delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, productive, and communicative working environment.
- Proactively assessing risk and mitigating as necessary.
- Managing an Associate Producer.
- Some travel required (domestic and international)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the entertainment software industry, with the most recent role preferably in a leadership position.
- Experience managing internal game development teams.
- Industry experience on both development and publisher sides a plus.
- Producer experience of the entire lifecycle of video-game software development (concept to ship) of at least one title on current generation consoles/platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC).
- Expertise in one area in addition to production. (design, engineering, art, QA, etc.)
- Practical experience with modern production methodologies.
- Experience with project management software (Jira, Hansoft, DevTrack, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Ability to diagnose inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Ability to foresee and communicate risks and obstacles to all stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of current trends and happenings in the video game industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Really catch our eye with:
- Production experience at a video game publisher.
- Experience working on character platform games and/or licensed IP games.
Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or
relevant work experience.
- Proven management experience including: employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, budgeting, and project planning.
- Project Management training/ certifications.