SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
This person is a member of a customer service focused IT organization and will be responsible for being a key contributor to the team in a system support capacity. This role is responsible for investigating and resolving software and hardware problems for the Sega of America and as Systems Support Administrator will administer and implement systems in the corporate and public online environment. The role will also be required to provide 2nd tier support of the systems maintained and implemented within SEGA Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure and maintain production servers (Windows/Linux)
- Provide high-end system support to the business on a range of systems
- Ensure high availability of business-critical applications
- Ensure backups complete and restore/recover data when necessary
- Installing and configuring databases (MS SQL and MySQL)
- Provide detailed documentation regarding all aspects of server-related work
- Installing computer, server hardware, and software
- Providing training on the proper use of systems and software
- Supporting iPhone, iPad, Android, and other mobile devices
- Assisting Sega staff with the setup of audio, video and web conferencing
- Assisting with and training users on digital whiteboards and presentation systems
- Supporting and assisting staff with the phone system
- Providing support for digital imaging and printing
- Providing remote assistance for SEGA users in remote offices
- Troubleshooting, identifying and escalating issues requiring urgent attention
- Plan, execute and roll out large scale IT projects
- Other tasks as requested by IT management
- Strong understanding installing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience installing and supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS would be a plus)
- Strong experience with the following technologies;
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, IMAP
- Microsoft Active Directory Design and Support
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
- VMware ESXi
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage technologies
- Experience using cloud computing environments
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on a variety of factors
- Identify potential issues and resolve in a proactive manner
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Proven history of experience in a server support role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or equivalent experience. Achievement of or working towards key industry certifications (MCP, MCSE, etc.) would be a huge plus.
- Extensive experience rolling out large server projects.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting large-scale enterprise IT infrastructure
- Proven experience working with and implementing alerting/monitoring systems
- Proven experience maintaining high security within a large-scale enterprise environment
Qualifications and Skills: