SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog to Golden Axe to the Persona series?
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Submissions Specialist is an execution level position that is primarily responsible for first-party submissions (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Google). The Submissions Specialist would be part of our PD Operations division and be the main point of contact for anything submissions related.
Strong interpersonal skills would be necessary as we’re looking for an individual with a service provider mindset. Cross departmental communication will be necessary to ensure correct product alignment. This role is ideal for someone who is process oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a primary function, manage first-party submissions for all titles. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with first-party partners.
- Additionally, manage relationship with various ratings boards and submit for game ratings during the production/QA phase.
- Work with producers to plan submission dates and provide feedback based on known first-party turnaround times.
- Lead the submission sign-off process by setting up meetings, getting approval from applicable stakeholders, and analyzing submission risk.
- Stay up to date on submission processes for all first-party platforms.
- Manage a submission schedule for all titles but be prepared for situations that require immediate attention (ie. emergency patches).
- Maintain a submissions tracker that contains data on our pass/fail rate.
- Assist producers with setting up their projects in first-party portal sites.
- Help producers submit waiver requests before and after a title’s first-party submission.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with first-party submissions.
- Experience working on both development and publisher sides a plus.
- Have some familiarity with QA compliance standards and how titles could fail the submissions process.
- Be able to interact with all corners of the organization, from management to entry-level testers.
- Full recognition that submissions execution is a service provided to other departments in the organization. The ideal candidate should find satisfaction in helping others.
- Experience with project management software (ie. Jira, Confluence).
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in a process-oriented role in the games industry.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant work experience.
- Technical training certifications.
- Bilingual in Japanese to communicate with submissions counterparts in Japan.
|Job Category||Quality Assurance, Submissions Specialist|