This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in learning the consumer products business and working on some of the top brands in video games – including Sonic the Hedgehog!
As the Licensing Coordinator, your primary duty is to be the key support person for the Product Development team and Business Managers on the SEGA of America licensing team. You will help facilitate approvals, as well as assemble materials needed for presentations, business meetings and trade shows. You will be also be responsible for preparing reports as needed, both internal and external, including pitch decks, managing assets, reporting tools, quarterly newsletters, internal licensing updates, etc. You will become a reliable resource on the licensing team, trusted by other internal teams, while developing close, professional relationships with licensees and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage internal approval processes, route, and track status of all licensing owned paperwork
- Sales Materials – liaise with marketing and other teams to secure materials needed for brand presentations, sizzle reels, sell sheets, etc.
- Ownership/management of DRM – update and maintain all agreements, asset management, report processing, resolving unknown SKUs, communications with licensees, writing PO’s, etc.
- Manage Financial reports including royalty reports and liaise with the accounting department as needed
- Pull together placement reports and forecasts from Licensees
- Organize/Maintain shared Licensing folders – including glamour product photos
- Manage Quarterly Licensing Newsletter
- Keep PD area tidy – includes taking product to & from storage
- Track samples / Follow-Up with Licensees
- Manage swag/sample requests
- Manage shipping of packages via FedEx
- Provide admin support to the licensing manager and creative manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.A/B.S College Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ work experience
- Basic consumer product knowledge
- Basic retail knowledge
- Be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with great organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Able to anticipate, communicate and strategically resolve issues as they arise
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written & verbally
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook, FedEx Procedure (US and Int’l), Adobe
- 2+ years of experience in entertainment licensing specifically
- Understanding of Licensing financials
- Character licensing management experience a plus
- Japanese language proficiency is a plus
Sega of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Local applicants only, please.
|Job Category||LICENSING, SONIC PILLAR|