SEGA is seeking an experienced, highly capable Game engineer to join our talented team in creating world popular SEGA games published on Steam. The engineer will be responsible for providing direct support to our external partner developers from Asia, America, and Europe, as well as internal stakeholders to implement our development standards that we refer to as, ‘Best practices for PC Development’. This role is deeply involved in multiple projects, both future and ongoing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include hands-on coding samples, reviewing source code, technical inspection for deliverables, providing technical answers to developer questions, evaluating Third Party services, researching new technologies, and working together with the SVP of Development to perform due diligence with development partners.
At SEGA, we are a diverse, global company and offer a fantastic opportunity to work with gamers and fans from all over the world!
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• B.S. in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of PC game development (Windows) experience.
• Knowledge and experience in language such as C, C++, C#, etc.
• Strong background in developing game with C++ native code.
• Strong knowledge in Windows API.
• Experience shipping a game to Steam platform.
• Experience implementing Steam API and other Third-party SDKs.
• Comprehensive knowledge of PC game architecture.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills – success will come through collaboration.
• Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
• Commercial game development experience in Unity.
• Console game development experience.
• Porting experience between console and PC.
• Network engineering.
• Lead engineer / Tech lead experience.
• A love for playing PC games
• Experience with emerging platforms and technology
• Experience with the challenges of porting from console to PC
Local applicants only please.