SEGA of America Licensing, based in Burbank, CA, is on a path to growth and is searching for a Retail Development Manager. A top-notch candidate will be afforded a challenging and dynamic role to build and maintain relationships with key retail partners in a unique and fast-paced environment. The Manager will contribute to achieving the Business Plan (BP) targets by securing, developing and implementing US retail programs designed to drive revenue across key licensed product categories. They will work closely with the retail development agency to cultivate retail programs and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the execution. The Manager will also have responsibility for financial decision-making, tracking and reconciliation, along with content/pitch deck development and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a strategic brand champion at key retail accounts.
- In collaboration with Licensing Director, craft retail strategy that outlines revenue objectives, partnership opportunities and multi-year growth plans.
- In partnership with the retail development agency, secure retail placement and programs that are aligned to retail strategy and will contribute to achieving BP goals.
- Deliver revenue by partnering with category managers and licensee sales teams to drive sell-in and sell-through of key categories at retail.
- Pitch retailers to influence sell-in by presenting brand updates and partnership opportunities inclusive of evergreen and content activations.
- Manage complex, cross-category retail programs with multiple marketing activations.
- Work closely with internal teams on program activations and to provide insight and consultation for retail needs to inform SEGA business plans.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in delivering revenue with retail partners.
- Solid comprehension of consumer products manufacturing and sales lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication and account management skills. Must be a dynamic and effective presenter.
- Experience in working with key retail partners such as Target, Walmart, Amazon, Hot Topic, Spencer’s and GameStop.
- Must be strategic, sales-minded and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must possess contacts and network of stakeholders across the licensing and retail landscape.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Takes initiative, is a team player and self-starter.
- Intermediate to expert at creating spreadsheets and presentations.
- Willingness and ability to travel heavily to retail accounts, licensees and industry events.
- Working knowledge of licensing deals and contract process.
- Ability to work with team members in multiple departments effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in gaming, entertainment, iconic properties and licensed content a plus.
- Up to 30% for trade shows, consumer shows, licensee visits and retail meetings.
Sega of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Local applicants only please.
|Job Category||SOA LICENSING|