A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our Irvine, CA HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours.
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes healthcare, life, and disability insurance, and a 401(k) program.
We also offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA Europe Marketing team in charge of the Americas, the role is expected to take ownership for all assigned product communication within the SEGA Europe structure, working closely with other internal commercial departments including the PR, ESD, sales and distribution teams.
The role will also work closely with the Brand Teams at any one of our award-winning studio’s (Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Two Point Studios & Sports Interactive) in order to represent and promote the presence of the Pillar franchises, and games.
It will also be the responsibility of the Senior Product Manager to plan, deliver and execute clear marketing plans for all products under their jurisdiction of the North and South American markets, hitting pre-set objectives.
This position requires heavy domestic and international travel to attend events, join meetings and visit studios.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate would work closely with the Central Marketing Team and America’s team to provide support in the planning and execution of ‘Go to Market’ campaign strategy by assisting with the following:
- Planning and execution of North American ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in the America’s in conjunction with the respective brand teams within the Pillar (Studio), PR, sales and channel marketing teams.
- Be ambassadors for products across the North American territory – be the point of contact in the SEGA central marketing team for assigned products.
- Budgetary objectives – manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget while maximizing delivery and impact on all titles.
- Marketing ownership of designated territories within the Americas region, working closely with the local partners to ensure ATL and channel execution of product-specific campaigns.
- Assist with local-territory-specific production requirements (e.g. language, bespoke asset creation, contractual or age-rating classification issues) liaising directly with the studios and other departments within SEGA as required.
- Work closely with the brand pillar teams on creative production and delivery to ensure timely and accurate marketing materials are in place.
- Develop a working knowledge of assigned NA marketplaces, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity, and pricing economics.
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies as required by title and represent the franchises and the studios in internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with the SEGA ESD commercial team to ensure that digital retail needs, primarily Steam’s, are well catered for and those relationships remain profitable and optimized.
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including BP forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market, and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles).
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist the PR and Events team with executing Trade Show, Media, and local events.
- Work closely with the PR Team and Head of Product Marketing (Americas) to ensure that the PR plan supports the marketing plan.
- Post-launch sales review and re-promotion strategies to ensure products reach or exceed targets – manage the lifecycle of products during the planning process.
- Post Launch – Work with all relevant internal & external partners to own and collate Post Campaign Analysis reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related business discipline or equivalent experience with 6 to 8 years of product marketing experience in a global organization. Marketing experience within the games industry or related entertainment industry is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Demonstrable record of delivering marketing elements to a quality level, by planned dates, and within agreed budgets.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable.
- Excellent presentation skills, to all audience sizes.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organizations and externally with members of the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming environment and wider.
- Strong level of creativity across marketing plans and elements.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete them on own initiative.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritize workload.
- Ability to travel internationally regularly to attend events, meetings and studio visits.
Local applicants only please.