SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Sr. Brand Manager will be an important role in the continued growth of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand globally across various businesses including games, consumer products, animation and beyond.
The Sr. Brand Manager position will oversee the development and execution of the global marketing strategies for the entire Sonic the Hedgehog brand across all areas in which it functions. This will be a multi-pronged role that will manage various brand initiatives across games, film, licensing, animated content and emerging opportunities. Additionally, it will work with the Promotions/Partnerships team. Responsibilities will include development of global product marketing strategies, brand positioning, budgeting, development of global creative assets, external partner and agency relationships, and oversight on global marketing plans. This role will work closely with other teams working on the Sonic brand globally. The role will require experience in digital consumer marketing, franchise management and gaming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of brand and marketing strategies for the overall Sonic brand and various areas including game launches via lifecycle management.
- Ensure business plan goals are met and budget management is achieved while maximizing global campaign effectiveness.
- Partner closely with the cross functional and international teams to ensure development, marketing, and sales executions are integrated and aligned with the project’s strategic and financial goals.
- Serve as the point person for marketing strategy and plan development to support the overall brand, and various internal Sonic teams including film, licensing, animation and emerging opportunities.
- Studio-focused collaboration and planning with product development teams to drive drive brand growth globally.
- Execute on marketing campaigns, creative, digital content, channel, promotions and first party partnership opportunities.
- Manages creative production of advertising and core brand assets including but not limited to trailers, packaging, advertising assets, social media, and all things creative.
- Actively involved with internal greenlighting process for all areas of the business.
- Support in various consumer research and business data analysis projects to intelligently develop marketing strategies & franchise planning.
- Oversee large-scale events, production and promotions, broadcasting operations, sponsor relationships, program management, and player interfacing.
- Identify areas of concern in the execution of all brand plans and course correct to maximize the success of the product.
- Develops and manages creative assets for campaigns across multiple areas of the Sonic business. Delivers assets to internal partner organizations and external partners when necessary.
- Understands the media landscape, recognizes opportunities, and demonstrates knowledge of booking creative and effective media campaigns.
- Manages media agencies, creative agencies, event agencies, and promotional partnerships.
- Serves as a key contact across the development group to supply them with key consumer and marketing insight.
- Champion and evolve the voice of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand for our core audience and the next generation of fans
- Assist in developing goals and objectives for support team members to improve worker efficiency and motivation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven track record of highly creative and imaginative campaigns showing strong results.
- 6-8+ years’ experience in marketing in a variety of roles potentially including game publisher marketing, creative and media agencies and/or consumer products is a plus.
- Creative agency and media agency background is a plus.
- Experience with both domestic and international marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field.
- Experience working on major global gaming and/or entertainment brands with proven track record to achieve business goals
- Experience creating and owning global marketing campaigns from the research and positioning stage through go-to-market and post-launch management
- Knowledge of the Sonic brand along with games/entertainment industries
- Ability to budget, analyze, project sales and forecasts for upcoming products w/ P&L experience
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics.
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams.
- Must provide evidence of ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and presentation skills to executive level team members.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Independent worker with little or no supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within budget, set timelines, and to meet deadlines without fail.
- Ability to develop, pitch, and execute a marketing plan, delegating tasks and working with cross functional teams to ensure the vision is executed effectively to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to manage a small team, delegate tasks, and set clear goals to improve workplace and department efficiency.
- Knowledge of game development is a plus.
- Must have experience working in a global environment.
- Willing to work overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan at off hours.
- Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required.
Work from home during COVID. Must reside in California
|Job Category||Senior Brand Manager, SONIC PILLAR|