SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA is seeking a self-motivated, organized, and effective PD Operations Manager to join our talented team in developing the next generation of award-winning games for console, PC, and emerging platforms. The PD Ops Manager will be responsible for managing our PD Ops division, a group primarily responsible for Release Management, while also providing all-encompassing support to our Production and QA departments with the ultimate goal of improving in-house tech and productivity.
Strong leadership skills would be necessary as we’re looking for a manager who would inspire others and promote growth and self-improvement to a small team. This role is great for someone who really wants to dip their toes in all aspects of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As a primary function, develop and lead the charge on our Release Management strategy and work toward aligning all worldwide divisions toward these processes.
- Establish new workflows within the Release Management pipeline that helps keep all stakeholders aware of the status of their projects.
- Responsibilities include publishing portal management and Dev/QA account management for all storefronts.
- Manage a small team of Submission Specialists and PD Ops Coordinators.
- Work with Submission Specialists to improve first-party and ratings submission scheduling and planning.
- As a secondary function, provide technical support and expertise to our Production/QA pipeline. These services include build transfer/deployment automation, data archiving, test hardware inventory management, internal playtesting, and setting up an environment suitable for network testing.
- Work closely with Sr. QA Manager to utilize QA resources for these services.
- Continually improve our PD Ops services while introducing new services as needed.
- Develop a long-term plan for the growth of the division.
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive, and communicative working environment.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies for all services and suggest improvements through effective problem-solving.
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience in the entertainment software industry, with 5 or more years of management experience.
- Experience working with First-Party Submissions and/or Release Management.
- Experience working on both development and publisher sides a plus.
- Be able to interact with all corners of the organization, from management to entry-level testers.
- Full recognition that the division being managed is a service provider to other areas of the organization. The ideal candidate should find satisfaction in helping others.
- Experience with automated tools/software.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience with setting up QA network environments a plus.
- Experience with project management software (i.e. Jira).
- Experience with help desk software (i.e. Zendesk).
- Proven production team leadership and management experience including employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation.
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Really catch our eye with:
- Production experience at a video game publisher.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant work experience.
- Management and/or technical training certifications.
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)
|Job Category||PRODUCTION, QUALITY ASSURANCE|