This position assists in the preparation and processing of the company’s payroll and assists with other HR duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salaries, and compensation data.
- Audit Time & Attendance records and reconcile discrepancies.
- Ensure accurate sick time and PTO balances.
- Respond to payroll and benefits inquiries from employees.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in updating employee benefits information and verifying 3rd party billing.
- Review, verify, and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for payroll transactions, benefits, and accruals.
- Coordinate with the HR Department/Payroll Manager on inputting new hires, terminations, and salary adjustments in the payroll system.
- Research and troubleshoot payroll discrepancies and resolve any payroll related issues.
- Support Payroll Manager with running reports and ensuring HR Compliance.
- Organize employee files and records.
- Assist with New Hire onboarding and orientation meetings.
- Assist with HR administrative tasks.
- Assist with celebration planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years of payroll and general HR experience.
- College level courses in related field.
- Working knowledge of a Payroll/HRIS system (experience with Paycom is a plus).
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.