SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
As a key member of the Sega America IT Team, the Network and Security Engineer is experienced, reliable, knowledgeable, detail-oriented and enthusiastic about running a “rock-solid” shop. Our work environment appeals to conscientious team players that have great interpersonal skills, a drive to continually learn, and an appreciation for enabling an organization, in this case, to develop and publish great games.
The Network and Security Engineer (NSE) is a member of a customer service focused IT organization and is expected to effectively assist the IT Director in the administration and maintenance of Windows servers, networking equipment, SAN storage, office audiovisual (AV) and communications equipment for the Sega America. This position is based in our Irvine, California office with some travel to other locations (e.g. Burbank).
The NSE provides escalated technical support troubleshooting and problem-solving for Desktop Support Technicians. The NSE provides 24/7 on-call support assistance for all systems critical to the daily operations of Sega of America. The NSE should have a strong understanding of the roles, processes and job functions of employees. As well, the NSE is to assist the IT Director in defining and implementing IT projects, act as a vendor liaison, and make presentations to internal/external audiences. Additionally, the NSE will be the point person for monitoring and maintaining network and application security information, antivirus software, workstation updates, and mobile device management.
Customer service is the top priority with responsibilities that include the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the following:
- Windows (workstations and servers), Mac and others.
- Networking: Cisco, HP Aruba Routers/Switches, Cisco Load Balancers
- Firewall and IDS/IPS: Cisco ASA, Fortinet
- Storage: Nimble, NetApp, LTO Tape Libraries, Promise RAID and others
- Fiber Channel: Brocade OEM switches and fiber topology
- Office Audio/Video Conferencing: Polycom, Lifesize
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Wireless AP’s (Ubiquiti, Meraki, etc.)
- Virtualization: VMWare ESXi 6.x
- Remote Access: Remote Desktop, VPN (SSL and IPSEC)
- Messaging: Microsoft Exchange, Mimecast, O365
- Backup and Data Management: Veeam
- Nextgen Endpoint Protection: Cylance or CrowdStrike
- Monitoring and Logging: Sumo Logic, SolarWinds
Operations and Infrastructure
- Managing AD users, groups and related policies
- Managing service tickets assigned to the NSE within established SLAs
- Assisting in maintaining physical servers, server room environment and access security
- Assist in creating and maintaining all support and architecture documentation
- Supporting the Helpdesk Lead in maintaining asset (HW/SW) inventory
- Serving as tier 3 support for help desk technicians as well as providing direct support when help desk is short-staffed / overwhelmed
- Assisting in the management and coordination of IT-related projects, as well as IT-related aspects of Enterprise projects
- Maintain workstation and server updates, patches
- Strategic planning for network security
- Maintaining the security of external websites
- Assisting with server backups and restores
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) / security
- Conduct periodic security audits and assessments of SEGA networks, SEGA Studios, Amazon clouds Service, and other platforms.
- Working to maintain compliance with the SEGA Global Security policy.
- Experience in the provision and implementation of Cloud Services and the ability to evaluate which applications are suitable for the Cloud from a security perspective.
- Designing, evaluating, and implementing a range of information security services for the protection of the organization’s information assets and infrastructure.
- Lead, and support, information security incident response teams, including drawing on team members from other business areas and regions to support investigations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Act as a team player with the ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016, AD, NTFS permissions, DNS, WINS, WSUS
- Comfortable working both with a team locally & globally and individually when necessary
- To mentor and assist other members whenever needed, providing both technical assistance and training
- Ability to remain calm and controlled when faced with highly technical problems
- Ability to converse with all level of management on a non-technical level
- Working knowledge of Exchange, Microsoft office suite 2016 and Office 365
- Must have an excellent work ethic and be willing to work outside of normal hours when the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or equivalent experience. Achievement of or working towards key industry certifications (MCP, MCSE, etc.) would be a huge plus.
- Extensive experience rolling out large server projects.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting large-scale enterprise IT infrastructure
- Proven experience working with and implementing alerting/monitoring systems
- Proven experience maintaining high security within a large-scale enterprise environment
- Will be required to travel to various Sega America locations as part of the job requirements and must be willing to travel to Europe if needed.
- Possess or working toward networking certification such as CCNA, CISSP, MCSE would be a huge plus