SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Sega of America is seeking a Marketing Research Analyst enthusiastic about the intersection between gaming and business. This position is focused on reporting on the latest developments in the gaming market as well as applying those learnings to sales forecasting and other strategic decisions. It is involved in both research and analytics, looking for new insights while modeling business interests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate to related internal parties to understand key business questions for various projects across console, PC, and mobile
- Work closely with research vendors to answer business questions and create materials to convey findings back to stakeholders
- Perform follow-up analysis on market data directly to drive discovery of additional insights
- Improve current reports and compile new reports to highlight key research and market developments across the organization
- Assist with yearly comprehensive report on the gaming market
- Leverage competitor sales data and desktop research to model impact for scenario analysis
- Develop ways to incorporate new market insights into forecast modeling
- Look for additional research opportunities to bolster existing analytic functions
- Assist in answering internal sales data and market queries (e.g. competitor analysis)
- Build relationships across the organization to supply them with key market insights
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2+ years of business analyst or market research analyst role
- Ability to solicit information from key stakeholders and convert to appropriate and consistent messaging for target audiences
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner with the proven and consistent capability of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn the latest market trends, business model, technologies in the entertainment industry.
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Gaming industry/sector experience preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or business
- A passionate gamer with deep knowledge of SEGA and ATLUS games.
- Experience working with a Japanese game publisher or company.
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)
|Job Category||BUSINESS PLANNING|