SOA Strategic Intelligence works with SOA’s senior leadership team in shaping strategies to drive growth and innovation as well as stay ahead of industry tech and game trends. Additionally, this is a hands-on planning role, actively collaborating with Growth Marketing, Ad Monetization, Product/Development and finance teams to plan product pipelines, drive marketing/live-ops efficiencies and help achieve P&L targets. This role collaborates closely with SEGA of Europe (SOE) Strategic Intelligence function to ensure company-wide ‘best practices’, share methodologies and align research findings on the industry. This role also works closely with SOA business intelligence team to automate and scale market data and analysis in the form of interactive, live-updating Tableau dashboards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Corporate strategy (20%):
- Reports to senior leadership on:
- Market sizes (geos, platforms, Games as Media, Cloud, etc.).
- Value chain analysis.
- Business model opportunities (F2P Console vs Cloud Gaming, hyper-casual, etc.).
- Quantify opportunities for emerging gaming platforms
Studio strategy (20%):
- Track mobile & PC/Console market trends (genre, features, business models and industry news).
- Conduct market and internal studio analyses to collaborate on planning for pipelines.
- Conduct competitor publisher case-studies to identify solutions & opportunities for Sega publishing.
Operational Strategy (40%):
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing on yield curve benchmarking: Provide estimate LTV, LTARPU & cohorted M1ARPU assumptions derived from direct competitors to help determine target yield curve benchmarks.
- Collaborate with Dev/Product on pre & post-launch product roadmaps: Provide competitor product roadmaps and feature requirements, including timing of feature updates (days since release), cadence of content growth and impact on LTV’s required to hit KPI benchmarks.
- Competitor Creative Analysis: Review and regularly report competitor acquisition and store creative to help the Growth Marketing team drive efficiencies and yield. Determine which creative is scaling and how stores/landing pages evolve with product updates
- Collaborate with Finance on P&L KPI’s.
Data sourcing, vendor management and visualization (20%):
- Manage market intel vendor budget.
- Identify, create and manage relationships with key vendors providing value-adding market data (Newzoo, SuperData, AppAnnie, GameRefinery, Statista, etc.).
- Work with vendors to provide regular feedback to improve their services to better support SOA and ensure SOA is included in all beta-testing for new vendor programs. (ie. App Annie’s Bulk API beta test, Gamerefinery alpha testing, etc.) .
- Oversee and manage vendor research projects (ie. leveraging EEDAR to do PC/Console competitor-set feature teardown and brand positioning analysis).
- Collaborate with BI to bring pull all data from market intel vendors into SOA database.
- Collaborate with BI to create end-user friendly dashboards for accessing all data.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ year’s experience in research and analysis with a focus on digital gaming ecosystems
- Experience guiding companies toward understanding competitive landscapes and how they can increase their competitive advantage in each market they operate.
- Highly strategic mindset, with exceptional communication skills, and capable of building strong collaboration with internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as external partners. You are especially adept at translating complex data sources into business insights and interacting with executives.
- SQL, Tableau and advanced excel proficiency
- Forecast model literacy and experience with secondary data analysis.
- Understanding of user acquisition on mobile, browser and digital console platforms gained from frontline experience at a games publisher, adverting network, direct response media agency or relevant professional field.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to perform complex data analysis and building data-driven reports.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, revenue driven and passionate about supporting SEGA as a leader in the online games space.
- Outstanding oral, written and multi-cultural communication skills.
- Able to mentor and develop other team members and individuals throughout the organization on best practices.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess good time management as well as business process management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the traditional business setting.
- Active player of mobile, PC and console games, able to understand the perspective of both casual and mid-core gamer.
Local applicants only please.
|Job Category||MOBILE & DIGITAL STRATEGY|