SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA is looking for a Live Operations & Customer Service Coordinator who will actively engage in providing end-user support, conducting related investigations, and completing and reporting server maintenance. In this position, they will provide supports in all facets of the day-to-day operations of a major free-to-play multiplatform MORPG title. They must be able to use customer service skills to guide the team by identifying problems, investigating, and recommending solutions. Evening to late-night shift on server maintenance days is required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make updates and work closely within SEGA and with their LiveOps partner company
- Closely monitor and respond to end-user support tickets, identify user issues to solve problems, and escalate to higher-level investigators
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through the customer support system, and report solutions to LiveOps manager
- Assist with in-game testing through game maintenances to ensure product accuracy and stability, taking ownership of checklists, and diligently reporting bugs or abnormalities discovered
- Provide support and assistance to other teams as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least two years of Live Operations experience in the games industry, or three years of Customer Service experience for a digital product
- Able to effectively work in a team environment and on individual projects with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work irregular hours for scheduled service maintenance
- Actively engaged in current games industry news with an understanding of gamer culture
- Excellent written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts in simple language
- Passionate gamer with deep experience playing online games, especially MMORPGs or MORPGs and a deep understanding of game data structure
- Proficiency in general office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, along with a keen grasp of modern social media platforms
- At least one year of experience in investigating databases with SQL is preferred
- At least one year of experience in investigating log files in text format is preferred
- Being able to work and communicate in Japanese with Japanese proficiency in writing and reading equivalent to JLPT N1 or better is preferred
|Job Category||ONLINE GAME DEPARTMENT|