SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
As SEGA looks to grow its classic brands, the Executive Producer will be the voice of the Western SEGA publishing team ensuring that the product plans and roadmaps align with audience needs and expectations as well as business financial targets. As EP, you’ll communicate continuously with the SEGA of America stakeholders and our counterparts in the Japan studios to ensure the product pillars support our shared goals. You’ll be the hub that focuses and aligns diverse stakeholders across regions and departments—understanding the marketing and business opportunities but weighing them carefully against the practical development matters and risks. You’re as comfortable talking to the executive team as you are with the creative team. You speak with a confidence built from deep experience, but also with the patience and persistence needed to bridge cultural gaps. You never lose sight of the big picture but dig into the details when needed. You are the key to adapting SEGA’s portfolio to the Western market, exciting fans old and new by meeting or exceeding the expectations of modern gamers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review concept pitches and provide deep and meaningful feedback to shape product visions via achievable plans that align with shared financial, strategic, and creative goals. Introduce new game ideas or features where appropriate
- Set realistic but ambitious goals and expectations with respect to product features, budgets, and timelines, and communicate production related issues clearly to appropriate parties.
- Review key milestones to ensure product pillars are evident and development is on track to achieve financial goals and meet or exceed consumer quality expectations
- Analyze competitive products and new business opportunities and make recommendations to the management team
- Collaborate with the brand marketing and research teams to ensure the product is well positioned with consumers and retailers/platform holders, conduct playtesting and focus testing to support the goals of the project, as well as to develop vertical franchise plans
- Help select and vet external development partners
- Manage one or more publishing-embedded Producers, each responsible for individual products, whether developed in Japan or in the West, through the full life cycle of product development.
- Recommend appropriate resources to support the initiative and assist with recruiting and hiring
- Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
- Prepare compelling presentation materials for internal decision makers as well as external partners such as platform holders
- Liaise with non-gaming divisions (ie licensing, transmedia) to identify and capitalize on potential synergies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ten plus years experience producing or directing multiplatform, multi-language games from concept to post-launch support
- Deep understanding of game production and all of its facets
- Familiarity with publishing functions and processes; experience introducing titles to marketing and sales
- Experience owning P&Ls, revenue/profit goals, and weighing those against creative and brand goals
- Extensive experience as a Senior Producer / Executive Producer, including work on one or more AA or AAA titles; track record of delivering high quality products with strong critical reception
- Experiencing managing internal and external development or multiple product lines
- Understands market trends and able to predict trends a few years ahead
- Familiarity with a wide range of game genres for various platforms and target audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions-oriented; skilled at building consensus and overcoming roadblocks
- Well organized and able to multitask
- Positive attitude
|Job Category||EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, PRODUCTION|