The Data Engineer will build, design, maintain, and provide leadership for the analytics and mobile game monetization & optimization infrastructure at Sega.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, technically competent, self-motivated individual with good communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support cloud-based infrastructure for existing BI/ETL
- Preparing and optimizing internal databases, maintaining and migrating legacy systems and writing necessary code to connect to various partner API’s and data sources.
- Writing code that can perform at scale.
- Working with Product teams to make sure that needed data is provided to decision makers within Sega via visualization systems such as Tableau and by writing complex SQL queries
- Evaluating third party software and services for analytics & BI and making appropriate build vs. buy decisions as necessary
- Hands-on management of our cloud based server architecture including services such as AWS and Redshift
- Awareness of and implementation of infrastructure that manages failover and ensures high availability
- Maintain and update the IT knowledge base as necessary
- Technical screening of vendors of potential staff
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc required, MSc or PhD in computer science preferred
- 5yr-10yr experience within full-stack, systems engineering teams
- Primary language experience: C++, Java, C#; Python experience required
- 3+yr SQL experience
- Experience managing and configuring remote, cloud-based infrastructure
- Networking and firewall experience
- 3+yr experience managing Amazon AWS infrastructure (Redshift, SQS, Kenesis)
- Systems administration of LINUX, Windows, Apple iOS/OSX PC & laptop hardware
Sega of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.