SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog to Golden Axe to the Persona series?
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Data Analyst, Consumer & Competitor Insights position is a key role within the marketing, ad monetization, and business teams to assist with consumer research and analyze data for SEGA’s mobile, web, and digital console games.
The ideal candidate is data-driven and has solid experience with a range of quantitative and qualitative market research techniques. Working across SEGA’s portfolio of IPs, this is a hands-on role, actively collaborating with cross functional teams to understand, define, and deliver actionable recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with brand teams and third-party agencies on high priority quant and qual projects, including concept testing, positioning testing, ad effectiveness, market analyses and segmentations.
- Program surveys, manage data collection, recruit for and moderate focus groups and in-depth interviews.
- Uncover and evaluate behaviors, attitudes, motivations, and frustrations of gamers and, help to scale and maintain an engaged community panel of our players.
- Use advanced statistical techniques to uncover deeper insights and value from data sets.
- Help to evaluate competitor strategies and identify opportunity areas for SEGA’s publishing strategies and roadmaps.
- Support the BI team with analysis including game sales, marketing, and forecasting (Mobile experience a plus)
- Work cross functionally with the marketing team creating highly functional dashboards in response to evolving business needs.
- Assist with data ingestion, mapping and, troubleshooting issues.
- Leverage data to recognize growth opportunities as well as building efficiencies in workflows.
- Design A/B testing procedures with the goal of optimizing revenue, player engagement, and marketing KPIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Charismatic storyteller who is comfortable presenting results to others and translating complex analyses into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Strong literacy of video games – including games of various genres, platforms, and business models (knowledge/experience with JRPGs is a plus).
- Deep curiosity, obsession with detail, and passion to deliver actionable insights.
- Ability to manage research projects from start to finish.
- Experience programming surveys using advanced logic, writing discussion guides, working with large data sets, and strong ability to visualize data.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and experience using software packages like SQL, R, Python or SPSS.
- Comfortable running and interpreting advanced statistical techniques, such as linear regression, factor analysis, TURF, and Max Diffs.
- Demonstrated experience designing dashboards, data modeling, experiment design and, forecasting.
|Job Category||DATA ANALYST, CONSUMER & COMPETITOR INSIGHTS, MOBILE & DIGITAL STRATEGY|