SEGA … What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? …
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA of America seeks an experienced community professional to grow, nurture, and maintain the ATLUS community. The ideal candidate has proven experience working with 3rd party gaming communities and content creators, with an understanding of how communications, content, social media, and influencer relationships intersect with each other. Working within the Brand Marketing team, along with other social media managers across the SEGA business, this role is expected to lead external product communication for all ATLUS products and provide a strong connection between the community and internal ATLUS teams.
Independent and autonomous, the Community Manager serves an essential function in ensuring ATLUS titles are well-received by the public.
A certain amount of regular travel will be required to attend meetings, events, visit studios, etc. There will also be occasions when working out of hours will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help establish a strong and specific brand voice and personality for the ATLUS brand as well as titles from other studios when needed
- Work with Brand Marketing teams in the Americas and EMEA to execute and support communications plans for all ATLUS IP, clearly defining an innovative and compelling community/social roadmap
- Contribute to content strategy and player-facing communications, including active engagement on official social channels, community channels and reactive messaging
- Provide engaging written and visual content, working with social and creative agencies as necessary
- Manage all owned channels including social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), forums (Reddit, owned forums) and 1st party community hubs
- Retain, support, and build long-term relationships with existing content creators
- Expert on all social channels and their tools managing relationships with each of the platform account managers
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through official community channels and social media, providing meaningful reporting to management
- Analyze and report metrics pertaining to community sentiment and social engagement, as well as KPIs online activities, to drive improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Drive views and concurrency on Twitch and YouTube
- Provide and create the voice of the game and developer to players, and vice versa, via social channels
- Become a product expert and participate in livestreams and video productions as an informational and authoritative brand representative, when required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-6 years’ experience in community management, social media marketing or fan-focused public relations in a related field or on major consumer brands
- In-depth knowledge of the current community and content distribution channels, emergent trends, and best practices, and the role they play in community and publishing strategy
- Exemplary product and brand communications, copywriting, and creative writing skills
- Knowledge of publisher streaming and content creation on streaming and social channels and familiar with back-end analysis of metrics and scheduling
- Organized self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent content pipelines and programs, while working in a team environment
- Active engagement in current games industry news with a deep understanding of gamer culture in social media, particularly pertaining to Japanese IP
- Proficiency with MS Office, WordPress, all major social channels, Synthesio and/or equivalents
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential product, business, and trade information
- Fluency in other languages a plus, especially Japanese
- Experience working with Japanese publishers
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- A passionate gamer with deep knowledge of and experience with ATLUS games
- Ability to address unforeseen problems creatively, patiently, and tactfully
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organizations and externally with members of the public
- Video publishing and/or graphic design experience
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)
|Job Category||BRAND MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS|