SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA of America, Inc. is looking for a community coordinator in their Online Game Department who will take on an active role in outwardly representing the brand and establishing a thoughtful and engaging social media presence for an unannounced free-to-play mobile RPG game.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create engaging written and visual content for all major social media platforms while representing the product in a connected and professional manner while adhering to brand values
- Manage official player communication by drafting and posting notices on the official website to communicate with the community of end-users, providing important news, updates, and promotional content
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through social media and official community channels, and inform management using written and verbal communication
- Use official social channels and the official community forum to drive user engagement by working in a team environment to identify, plan, and execute community events
- Become a product expert and participate in livestreams and video productions as an informational and authoritative brand representative
- Monitor and track KPIs of posts and activities, analyze results & report to management
Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years experience as a Community Manager or Social Media Coordinator in the mobile games industry
- Associate’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or creative fields preferred
- Able to effectively work in a team environment and on individual projects with minimal supervision
- Experience running or contributing to social media campaigns for video games or digital entertainment products
- Active engagement in current games industry news with a deep understanding of gamer culture in social media, particularly pertaining to mobile games
- Excellent written communication and creative writing skills
|Job Category||ONLINE GAME DEPARTMENT|