SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups, or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Soul Caliber, to the Persona series?… When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers ever. There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history as our passion drives the best gaming products to players around the world. We are committed to delivering high quality and unique games via one of the richest portfolios of original IPs in the market – something we are both very proud of and excited about in a dynamic market. Traditionally a boxed product publisher, we are working hard to ensure that we continue to make the shift to digital and are looking forward to your help in crafting the next era in SEGA’s legacy.
We are a diverse, global company and offer a fantastic opportunity to work with gamers and fans from all over the world!
Sega of America is seeking a Communications Manager who will drive the PR, social, and communications strategies for several key brands within the SEGA portfolio throughout NA and EMEA. In this position, you will play a critical role in crafting and telling the story of each game campaign to players, media, and content creators. Reporting to the Brand Marketing Director, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 4-6 years of public relations experience in the gaming industry and is passionate about games and players.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with brand marketing, public relations, community, and development teams in the Americas, EMEA, and Japan to drive the overarching communication strategy and lead the campaign narrative for multiple launches each year.
- Act as subject matter expert for assigned titles and represent SEGA IP to external media.
- Arrange live or virtual communications events such as hands-on presentations and media tours.
- Be the point of contact for all endemic and non-endemic media contacts throughout NA.
- Build and execute first look, hands-on, preview, and review strategies resulting in maximum press coverage.
- Manage US PR agencies in activities ranging from day-to-day operations to executing break-through promotions.
- Manage all PR assets, including scheduling, creation, approval, and publishing to achieve pre-set PR beats.
- Outline, write and secure approval of press releases, media advisories, newsletters, and other messaging.
- Work closely with NA and EMEA publishing teams to oversee content creators, celebrities, and live streaming strategies across Twitch, YouTube, and other social media channels.
- Analyze and report earned media campaign results with a focus on quantifiable metrics utilizing PR analytics tools such as Meltwater and Synthesio.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-6 years of experience in a public relations role, gaming industry experience preferred.
- Excellent project management and PR planning skills.
- Knowledge of media landscape and competitive products within the gaming industry.
- Strong verbal, written, and reporting skills.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and PR measurement tools preferred.
- Open to flexible hours while working with overseas teams.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- A passionate gamer with deep knowledge of SEGA and ATLUS games.
- Experience working with a Japanese games publisher is a plus.
|Job Category||BRAND MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS|