The Brand Manager oversees developing and driving the continued growth of some of the biggest SEGA and ATLUS lPs in the west.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of brand and marketing strategies for the product’s entire lifecycle.
- Assist in developing goals and objectives for your team members to improve worker efficiency and motivation.
- Execute on consumer product, channel, and first-party partnership opportunities.
- Oversee large-scale events, production and promotions, broadcasting operations, sponsor relationships, program management, and player interfacing.
- Work closely with the cross-functional and international teams to ensure development, marketing, and sales executions are aligned with the project’s strategic and financial goals.
- Identify areas of concern in the execution of the brand plan and course correct to maximize the success of the product.
- Develops and manages the asset library for assigned titles. Oversees the creation and delivery of assets (trailers, screenshots, logos, etc.) by working with internal departments and external vendors as required. Delivers assets to internal partner organizations and external partners when necessary.
- Analyses consumer research and business data to intelligently develop marketing investments.
- Manages creative production of advertising and core brand assets including but not limited to trailers, packaging, special edition content, social media, etc.
- Understands the media landscape, recognizes opportunities and demonstrates knowledge of booking creative and effective media campaigns.
- Manages media agencies, creative agencies, event agencies, and promotional partnerships.
- Serves as a key contact across the development group to supply them with key consumer and marketing insight.
- Defend, champion, and evolve the voice of the SEGA & ATLUS brand.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-4+ years’ experience in a publisher marketing role within the gaming and or consumer products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field.
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations are a plus but are not required.
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics.
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams.
- Must provide evidence of ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to budget, analyze, project sales and forecasts for upcoming products.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Independent worker with little or no supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within budget, set timelines, and to meet deadlines without fail.
- Ability to develop, pitch, and execute a marketing plan, delegating tasks and working with cross-functional teams to ensure the vision is executed effectively to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to manage a small team, delegate tasks, and set clear goals to improve the workplace and department efficiency.
- Must have experience working in a global environment.
- Willing to work overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan at off-hours. Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required.
Sega of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Local applicants only please.