SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Vice President, Brand Marketing, the Brand Director is charged with driving world class product marketing and performance across a portfolio of games. Working closely with studio partners and other business stakeholders, you will lead your team to shape the brand vision, marketing strategy and go-to-market tactical plan as well as drive the business plan for your titles across the Western Market. As an accomplished marketer and team leader you will manage and grow your team, develop strong planning processes, and play a pivotal role as part of the marketing leadership team that will continue to drive innovation and constantly advance Sega’s Western marketing capability and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the brand owner for all aspects of Western marketing leadership across a portfolio of assigned titles; This includes owning full lifecycle management from long-range portfolio planning to foundational marketing strategy to go-to market execution and postmortem
- Act as a highly collaborative custodian of integrated marketing across multiple partners including communications, community, sales, creative services, events, paid media, 1st parties, external agencies, EMEA teams and developers
- Lead the development of brand positioning, audience definition/sizing and the over-arching marketing strategies
- Mentor and develop a team of communications, community and brand leads
- Drive the timely planning and execution of go-to-market plans across all marketing channels
- Support the inline/greenlight process with market insights and forecast rationale all while representing the needs of players in the West
- Own the Western P&L and manage the marketing budget across your portfolio
- Serve as the voice of the brand to players and the voice of the players to developers
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with studio partners
- Act as a change agent and drive high impact, cutting edge digital campaigns and initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a marketing role within gaming and or consumer products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field, MBA a bonus
- Must be a gamer and care deeply about representing the needs of players
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations are a plus but are not required
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive, professional, collaborative and flexible attitude
- Independent worker with little supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within budget, set timelines, and to meet deadlines
|Job Category||BRAND DIRECTOR, BRAND MARKETING|