Sega of America Inc. has an immediate opening for a skilled bilingual translator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluent proficiency in Japanese and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deep level of Japanese fluency; able to understand nuanced meanings
- Translate documents from Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese with accuracy and efficiency
- Sit-in on conference calls, facilitating communication between multiple parties by translating in real-time
- Attend meetings and stand-ups, ensuring all communicated points are clearly translated and delivered to both Japanese and English-speaking attendees
- Provides support to management by maintaining office operations.
- Plans meetings and prepares agendas.
- Organizes and schedules appointments.
- Books travel arrangements.
- Submits and reconciles invoices and business expense reports.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports.
- Develops and maintains department filing systems.
- Works well as part of a team
- LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a Japanese school
- Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English, with exceptional writing skills in both languages
- Knowledge of Japanese culture
- Must have previously done translation work
- Prior experience and close familiarity with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Basic understanding of the online games industry is preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- 3 or more years of experience working in an administrative capacity is required (ex: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Office Manager, Clerical position, etc.).