Sega is seeking an experienced, creative, highly capable Video Game Associate Producer to join our talented team in developing the next generation of award-winning games for console, PC, and emerging platforms. The Associate Producer will primarily be responsible for assisting in the management of external development teams globally, as well as supporting the product publishing and development process from concept through and after release. Responsibilities include greenlighting, scheduling, tracking development, budgeting, and ensuring team deliverables are met in a timely manner, on budget and at high quality. The Associate Producer will also help manage and coordinate a wide array of relationships with internal stakeholders globally along with internal team resources to produce content and assets for multiple platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the execution of the game development process to produce high quality content within business parameters such as schedule, quality, and budget.
- Creating and maintaining project plans, in conjunction with the development team(s), including scope, resources, schedule, and budget.
- Working closely with business development team to identify and vet development partners worldwide.
- Leading the creation of game design and definition by developing concept design documents and specifications in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Setting expectations both internally and with our external development partners through clear documentation and communication.
- Communicating project status to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working with all internal business units including localization, QA, publishing, marketing, licensing, animation, legal, sales, etc.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve quality, on-time, and on-budget delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, productive, and communicative working environment.
- Proactively assessing risk and mitigating as necessary.
- Some travel required (domestic and international)
- Reports to Producer.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the entertainment software industry as an AP, QA Lead/Manager, or equivalent.
- Experience on internal game development teams.
- Must have shipped at least one title on current generation consoles/platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC).
- Expertise in one area in addition to production. (design, engineering, art, QA, etc.)
- Practical experience with modern production methodologies.
- Experience with project management software (Jira, Hansoft, DevTrack, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Ability to diagnose inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Ability to foresee and communicate risks and obstacles to all stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of current trends and happenings in the video game industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Production experience at a video game publisher.
- Experience working on character platform games and/or licensed IP games.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or
- relevant work experience.
- Proven management experience including employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, budgeting, and project planning.
- Project Management training/certifications.
Sega of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click the Submit button to send us your resume.
|Job Category||ASSOCIATE PRODUCER, SONIC PILLAR|