SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Take the lead on growing revenue from in-app advertising. Testing a variety of partners, formats, frequencies and integrations, you’ll liaise with studios around the world to advise on best practice; all with the ultimate goal of exceeding advertising targets and finding creative, data-backed ways to grow SEGA’s advertising business.
The ideal candidate will understand the importance of customer experience and maintaining game quality. You’ll be passionate about mobile games and used to interpreting data to understand player psychology and game design opportunities. You’ll be responsible for yield optimization, working against both revenue targets and player engagement KPI’s.
You’ll balance ad revenue against cross promotion opportunities, integrating house ads and working with the Business Intelligence team to identify high yielding cohorts to syndicate between games and extend cLTV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion the advertising revenue opportunity at SEGA, educating internal stakeholders on monetization models and produce regular reports to evangelize success.
- Own SEGAs ad monetization roadmap, identifying catalogue games which would benefit from an advertising lead strategy, build out the commercial case with supporting P&L and champion through internal sign off.
- Shape best practice standards for ad mediation, provide clarity to the Studios and Production on the optimal set up; support all stakeholders during integration for seamless adoption.
- Optimize campaigns across networks and territories using quantitative analysis to yield market leading eCPM’s and fulfil revenue targets.
- Identify partner apps for direct deals, foster mutually beneficial relations and negotiate terms to drive revenue.
- Onboard advertising partners who align with SEGA’s integrity and vision, negotiate business terms, champion contracts with the legal teams and monitor impression allocation based on network performance.
- AB test custom frames, ad creative treatments and integration positions to affect CTR and IR. Use as part of your well thought out toolset to move the needle on eCPM.
- Develop the case for rewarded games in mid-core games.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience in advertising monetization, pricing/yield management and game analytics.
- Demonstrable success of monetizing freemium games through in-game advertising and cross promotion tools on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- Highly accomplished negotiator, commercially astute with an influential persona. You must thrive in a fast pace, data driven environment.
- Hands on experience of optimizing advertising revenues across multiple networks and Geographic’s.
- Deep knowledge of mediation software like MoPub, Max, Admob etc. Extensive contacts with mobile advertising networks.
- Solid understanding of mobile game design, with a focused specialism in advertising monetization.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability of performing complex data analysis and building data-driven reports.
- Active player of mobile games able to understand the perspective of both casual and mid-core game consumers.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management as well as business process management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of the advertising business model. Familiar with competitor products and best practice examples.
- An innovator who continually challenges themselves to produce outstanding results and achieve revenue targets.
- Self-motivated, revenue driven and passionate about supporting SEGA as a leader in the online games space.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.
|Job Category||DIGITAL MARKETING|