Sega is looking for a Live Operations & Customer Service Coordinator who will be actively engaged in providing end-user support and conducting related investigations, as well as completing and reporting QA in all facets of the day-to-day operations of a major free-to-play multiplatform MORPG title. Must be able to use customer service skills to guide the team by identifying problems, investigating, and recommending solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make updates and work closely within Sega and with their LiveOps partner company
- Closely monitor and respond to end-user support tickets, identifying user issues and working with the CS team to solve problems
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through the customer support system, and report solutions to the LiveOps manager
- Gather objective evidence of user problems from the live server database and logs to make recommendations for how to resolve issues
- Assist with in-game testing after updates and game maintenances to ensure product accuracy and stability, taking ownership of QA checklists and diligently reporting bugs or abnormalities discovered
- Provide support and assistance to other teams as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Two years experience as a Production Assistant or Operations Assistant in the games industry, or three years experience in a Customer Service role for a digital product
- Able to effectively work in a team environment and on individual projects with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to occasionally work irregular hours for scheduled service maintenance
- Actively engaged in current games industry news with an understanding of gamer culture
- Excellent written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts in simple language
- Passionate gamer with deep experience playing online games, especially MMORPGs or MORPGs, and deep understanding of game data structure
- Proficiency in general office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, along with a keen grasp of modern social media platforms
- At least one year of experience in investigating databases with SQL is preferred
- At least one year of experience in investigating log files in text format is preferred
- The ideal candidate is able to work and communicate in Japanese with proficiency in writing and reading equivalent to JLPT N1 or better.
Must be authorized to work in the US and able to work full-time from our office located in Irvine, CA. However, currently employees will be working from home during the COVID-19 epidemic but must still reside within California.
SEGA of America is seeking a Temporary Editor to help localize top-class, Japan-originating products for Western markets. Our editors are specialists in the English language and creative professionals who review raw, functional translations of Japanese text and craft them into evocative, faithful English localizations.
For this position, we are looking to find someone who can hit the ground running for the length of a single upcoming project. While it is a team effort, each editor is responsible for a given amount of work and will be expected to deliver high quality output with minimal oversight. Experience working in the localization of Japanese games is preferred.
You should apply for this job if…
- You’ve worked in a collaborative writing environment before and can take or challenge creative criticism in healthy, constructive ways.
- You have a writing passion project (or excerpt from one) to show off your style.
- You have an ear for natural, compelling dialogue and character voices.
- You know what it takes to realize complex, flawed characters through complex, near-flawless dialogue.
- You know and love Atlus games, especially those with darker themes like Shin Megami Tensei.
- You can balance a love of games and language with reliability, self-discipline, and respect for the Japanese intent.
- You relish the feeling of polishing a diamond in the rough.
- You can give the same love to all areas of editing, from item names to tutorials to flavorful dialogue.
- You’re detail-oriented, always keeping your eye on the final product and considering how your work will appear in-game.
- You think on your feet, always looking for solutions to unexpected challenges (whether creative or technical).
- You’re familiar and comfortable with translation management software such as MemoQ.
- Games are love, games are life: Especially games from Japan. You have favorite characters that you know so well they might as well be friends.
In the SEGA Localization Department, you will spend your days…
- Rewriting raw translations into clean, compelling English that’s ready for prime time.
- Tracking your progress with daily diligence to stay on schedule with longer-term deadlines.
- Communicating frequently with translators and other editors.
- Using Microsoft Teams group chat to discuss the story, characters, and game functions.
- Participating in remote meetings to decide key terms and style guide.
- Researching referenced events, concepts, people, etc., whether real-world or within a series’ canon.
- Recognizing inconsistencies in presentation and collaborating with your team to sync up.
- Finding the emotional core in dialogue, and artfully restructuring or rewriting lines to serve that core.
- Rewriting system text and in-game mechanical information for maximum clarity and readability.
- Being mindful of character limits and writing effectively within their limitations.
- Synchronizing your writing for a character with your team’s vision for them.
- Getting your dialogue script recording-studio-ready by supplying VO direction and context notes.
- Posting emotionally hard-hitting lines in the team chat and watching everyone freak out about them. (In a good way.)
This is a temporary, project-based work-from-home compatible employment position. Must be a resident of California.