SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Associate Social Media Manager will be an important role in the continued growth of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand globally across various businesses including games, consumer products, animation and beyond.
The Associate Social Media Manager will support the Social Media (community team) on Social Media planning, tactics, content creation, asset development, agency oversight, digital channels management and community interaction for assigned business areas designated by the team leader. Within their assigned business areas, they are responsible for content production across multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and beyond – including campaign planning, content calendar maintenance, community interaction, and development of continuous improvement measures. In addition, the ASMI Manager will support in the external agency management for the U.S.-based social agency, and fully manage the LatAm social agency as well as potential new agencies worldwide.
This role will interface closely with teams in Orange County (CA), United Kingdom, and Japan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-manage on day-to-day development and execution of Social Media content for assigned business areas across multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Support all areas of the Sonic brand including animation, film, consumer products, promotional partnerships and more.
- Identify Influencer strategies and support on relationships with agencies and talent.
- Organize and maintain content calendar for assigned business areas, ensuring distribution of assets is coordinated across social platforms and significantly contributing to strategic planning of overall content calendar in association with other team members.
- Co-manage on digital asset development and approval processes with internal stakeholders for assigned business areas, ensuring continuous improvements to content performance and production efficiency.
- Proactively monitor Sonic brand conversation through Social Media channels and social listening platforms, actioning and developing business intelligence reporting and direct audience engagement tactics.
- Track daily posts and content performance for assigned business areas, ensuring performance targets are met, assisting ASMI Manager with reporting and analysis as required.
- Communicate departmental needs and provide guidance to community moderation team, ensuring vendor maintains Sonic brand guidelines, standards, and escalation policies.
- Develop and maintain expanded levels of support for Sonic event coverage, attending Sonic events and tournaments as needed, including enhanced content creation and community engagement, as well as regular livestreams.
- Assist the ASMI Manager on special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
- Manage asset library and support on the creation and delivery of assets (social videos, social art, etc.)
- Understands the social media landscape, recognizes opportunities, and demonstrates knowledge of booking creative and media campaigns.
- Support in management of U.S. agency, and additional creative agencies, event agencies, and promotional partnerships.
- Solely manage LatAm social agency and develop long-term plan, daily management and deliverables in region working with Sonic team; co-manage additional international agency selection, and agency management, in additional global territories.
- Champion and evolve the voice of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand for our core audience and the next generation of fans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-4 years of professional experience across Social Media and relevant communications and marketing roles.
- Proven track record of working on imaginative and creative digital campaigns.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Sonic and other entertainment brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience at a social media agency
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms, including brand-specific features and functionality for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and beyond.
- Experience creating and managing social media campaigns through go-to-market and post-launch management.
- Experience working with social media influencers and campaigns.
- Knowledge of the Sonic brand along with internet/pop culture.
- Strong interest in video game, lifestyle, and other marketing areas.
- Experience with social analytics tools.
- Ability to leverage analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics.
- Experience with brand guidelines.
- Experience with legal guidelines, along with legal contract process from start to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
- Must provide evidence of ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to travel for Sonic events, as needed.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Willing to work overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan at off hours.
- Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required.
- Spanish, Japanese, or other language skills are advantageous.
Work from home during COVID. Must reside in California