SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA is seeking an experienced, creative, highly capable Video Game Senior Producer to join our talented team in developing the next generation of award-winning games for console, PC, and emerging platforms. The Senior Producer will be responsible for managing multiple projects utilizing external development teams globally, as well as supporting the product publishing and development process from concept through and after release. Responsibilities include greenlighting, scheduling, tracking development, budgeting, and ensuring team deliverables are met in a timely manner, on budget and at high quality. The Senior Producer will also manage a small team of Producers/APs and coordinate a wide array of relationships with internal stakeholders globally along with internal team resources to produce content and assets for multiple platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of the game development process to produce high quality content within business parameters such as schedule, quality, and budget.
- Creating and maintaining project plans, in conjunction with the development team(s), including scope, resources, schedule, and budget.
- Managing a small team of Producers and Associate Producers.
- Working closely with business development team to identify and vet development partners worldwide.
- Leading the creation of game design and definition by developing concept design documents and specifications in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Setting expectations both internally and with our external development partners through clear documentation and communication.
- Communicating project status to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working with all internal business units including localization, QA, publishing, marketing, licensing, animation, legal, sales, etc.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve quality, on-time, and on-budget delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, productive, and communicative working environment.
- Proactively assessing risk and mitigating, as necessary.
- Some travel required (domestic and international)
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience in the entertainment software industry, with the most recent role preferably as a Sr. Producer or equivalent.
- Experience managing internal game development teams.
- Industry experience on both development and publisher sides a plus.
- Production experience of the entire lifecycle of video-game software development (concept to ship) of at least one title on current generation consoles/platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC).
- Expertise in one area in addition to production. (design, engineering, art, QA, etc.)
- Practical experience with modern production methodologies.
- Experience with project management software (Jira, Hansoft, DevTrack, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven production team leadership and management experience including: employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, budgeting, and project planning.
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Ability to diagnose inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Ability to foresee and communicate risks and obstacles to all stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of current trends and happenings in the video game industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Japanese (required)
Really catch our eye with:
- Production experience at a video game publisher.
- Experience working on character platform games and/or licensed IP games.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant work experience.
- Project Management training/ certifications.
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)