SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA is seeking an experienced, organized, highly capable Video Game Associate Producer to join our talented team in developing the next generation of award-winning games for console, PC, and emerging platforms. The Associate Producer will primarily be responsible for supporting the Publisher-side Production services for the software title in development through effective scheduling, communicating with worldwide teams, and setting up services from concept through to post-launch support. Responsibilities include scheduling services, tracking project deliverables, completing request forms, communicating effectively, and ensuring team deliverables are met in a timely manner, on budget and at high quality. The Associate Producer will also help manage and coordinate a wide array of relationships with internal stakeholders globally along with internal team resources to produce content and assets for multiple platforms.
Working closely with the Production Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the set-up and scheduling of the game production services process to produce high-quality content within business parameters such as schedule, quality, and
- Creating and maintaining project service schedules, in conjunction with the Production team, including scope, resources, schedule, and budget.
- Working closely with the Production team to identify and vet vendor partners for Production services.
- Work with the Japanese-native speaking Creative, Publishing, and Development team members to support the requests of local PD Team.
- Setting expectations both internally and with our external vendor partners through clear documentation and communication.
- Navigate 1st Party Publishing sites for information and instruction.
- Communicate across all internal teams including localization, QA, publishing, IT, marketing, licensing, animation, legal, sales, etc.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve quality, on-time, and on-budget
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, productive, and communicative working
- Proactively assessing risk and mitigating as necessary.
- Some travel required (domestic and international)
- Reports to Director of Production Services.
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the entertainment software industry as an AP, QA Lead/Manager, Localization Producer, or equivalent.
- Experience in internal game development teams or at software publisher.
- Must have shipped at least one title on current generation consoles/platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC).
- Expertise in one area in addition to production. (localization, QA, publishing, etc.)
- Entertainment industry business savvy.
- Experience with project management software (Project, Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide clear and concise creative feedback.
- Ability to diagnose inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Ability to foresee and communicate risks and obstacles to all
- Knowledgeable of current trends and happenings in the video game industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to comprehend developer communications and correctly respond back either verbally or via email in Japanese and English.
Really catch our eye with:
- Production experience at a video game publisher, developer or outsource vendor.
- Experience working on character platform games and/or licensed IP games.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or
relevant work experience.
- Proven management experience including: employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, budgeting, and project
- Project Management training/certifications.
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)