SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2) Project has an immediate opening for a skilled bilingual translator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluent proficiency in Japanese and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate documents from Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese with accuracy and efficiency
- Sit-in on conference calls, facilitating communication between multiple parties by translating in real-time
- Attend meetings and stand-ups, ensuring all communicated points are clearly translated and delivered to both Japanese and English speaking attendees
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a Japanese school
- Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English, with exceptional writing skills in both languages
- Prior experience and a close familiarity with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Basic understanding of the online games industry is preferred, but not required
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)