SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2) Project has an immediate opening for a skilled bilingual translator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluent proficiency in Japanese and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate documents from Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese with accuracy and efficiency
- Sit-in on conference calls, facilitating communication between multiple parties by translating in real-time
- Attend meetings and stand-ups, ensuring all communicated points are clearly translated and delivered to both Japanese and English speaking attendees
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a Japanese school
- Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English, with exceptional writing skills in both languages
- Prior experience and a close familiarity with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Basic understanding of the online games industry is preferred, but not required
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)
Sega is looking for a Live Operations & Customer Service Coordinator who will be actively engaged in providing end-user support and conducting related investigations, as well as completing and reporting QA in all facets of the day-to-day operations of a major free-to-play multiplatform MORPG title. Must be able to use customer service skills to guide the team by identifying problems, investigating, and recommending solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make updates and work closely within Sega and with their LiveOps partner company
- Closely monitor and respond to end-user support tickets, identifying user issues and working with the CS team to solve problems
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through the customer support system, and report solutions to the LiveOps manager
- Gather objective evidence of user problems from the live server database and logs to make recommendations for how to resolve issues
- Assist with in-game testing after updates and game maintenances to ensure product accuracy and stability, taking ownership of QA checklists and diligently reporting bugs or abnormalities discovered
- Provide support and assistance to other teams as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Two years experience as a Production Assistant or Operations Assistant in the games industry, or three years experience in a Customer Service role for a digital product
- Able to effectively work in a team environment and on individual projects with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to occasionally work irregular hours for scheduled service maintenance
- Actively engaged in current games industry news with an understanding of gamer culture
- Excellent written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts in simple language
- Passionate gamer with deep experience playing online games, especially MMORPGs or MORPGs, and deep understanding of game data structure
- Proficiency in general office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, along with a keen grasp of modern social media platforms
- At least one year of experience in investigating databases with SQL is preferred
- At least one year of experience in investigating log files in text format is preferred
- The ideal candidate is able to work and communicate in Japanese with proficiency in writing and reading equivalent to JLPT N1 or better.
Must be authorized to work in the US and able to work full-time from our office located in Irvine, CA. However, currently employees will be working from home during the COVID-19 epidemic but must still reside within California.