Sega of America Inc. has an immediate opening for a skilled bilingual translator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluent proficiency in Japanese and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist localization staff with game text-overflow and other translation duties
- Deep level of Japanese fluency; able to understand nuanced meanings and render those in both languages
- Translate documents and bug reports from Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese with accuracy and efficiency
- Previous experience testing software or working in a testing environment using platforms such as Jira, Redmine, Mantis, or other bug tracking software a huge plus
- Works well as part of a team and capable of working in a work-from-home environment with little supervision
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a Japanese school
- Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English with exceptional writing skills in both languages
- Knowledge of Japanese home and business culture
- Must have previously done translation work
- Proficiency in a digital workspace, including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams and can adapt to various digital tools and environments quickly and with little effort. Proficiency with CAT such as MemoQ a plus.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of video games and the language associated with them in both Japanese and English
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY. Must have a stable internet connection and a work environment that allows them to attend video conferences at any time.