SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Development, this position is responsible for supporting development and production of Sega of America console, PC, and streaming games. Works closely with SEGA and Atlus Japan studios, SEGA Europe, external business partners, and first party representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a small team that provides practical support to all Sega of America Production projects.
- Provide Production Management services to key projects.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with SEGA and Atlus Japan studios, SEGA Europe, external business partners, and first party representatives.
- Building up, maintaining process and developing support materials like Development Guidelines, Production policy notes, Tech Whitepapers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- English / Japanese bilingual.
- 10+ years of experience in the games industry.
- 5+ years of experience in managing people.
- History of shipping commercially successful PC and console products.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Knowledge of contemporary production methods and development best practices.
- Knowledge of legal process, regulations, and compliance for video game development.
- Knowledge of hardware and software game industry trends.
- Experience with Digital Rights Management solutions.
- Solid technical understanding of product development, technology, compliance, and contemporary production methods.
- Experience with Windows/PC game development.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups, or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, to the Persona series?… When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers ever. There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history as our passion drives the best gaming products to players around the world. We are committed to delivering high quality and unique games via one of the richest portfolios of original IPs in the market – something we are both very proud of and excited about in a dynamic market. Traditionally a boxed product publisher, we are working hard to ensure that we continue to make the shift to digital and are looking forward to your help in crafting the next era in SEGA’s legacy.
We are a diverse, global company and offer a fantastic opportunity to work with gamers and fans from all over the world!
SEGA is seeking an experienced, highly capable Sr Software Engineer to join our talented team to help port and publish our games on Steam. They will be responsible for providing direct support to our external partner developers from Asia, America, and Europe as well as to internal stakeholders to implement our development standards that we refer to as ‘Best practices for PC Development.’ This role is deeply involved in multiple projects, both future and ongoing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop coding samples
- Review source code
- Provide technical inspection for deliverables
- Answer developer technical questions
- Evaluate Third Party services
- Research new technologies
- Work with SVP of Product Development to perform due diligence with development partners
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years of PC game development (Windows) experience
- Japanese – English bilingual
- Knowledge and experience in language such as C, C++, C#, etc.
- Strong background in developing game with C++ native code
- Strong knowledge in Windows API and other open source libraries
- Experience shipping a game to Steam platform
- Experience implementing Steam API and other Third-party SDKs
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC game architecture
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – success will come through collaboration
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
- Commercial game development experience in Unity and Unreal
- Console game development experience
- Porting experience between console and PC
- Network engineering
- Lead engineer/Tech lead experience
- A love for playing PC games
- Experience with emerging platforms and technology
- Experience with the challenges of porting from console to PC