SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Sega of America Online Game Department is looking for a well-organized, flexible, and enthusiastic Marketing Planner to help support the team while working on online Japanese game titles mainly on mobile platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand individual Marketing goals and initiatives with relation to Franchise goals.
- Support campaign execution and research that help drive the title’s revenue and profit target.
- Compile and maintain KPI data to support the identification of business concerns and related actions.
- Help to facilitate Marketing asset creation and execution to improve the effectiveness of campaigns. This includes managing the review process.
- Work closely with Sega Japan Marketing team and cross-functional within Sega of America teams to execute marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate marketing collateral that supports key messages for creativity.
- Process business administrative tasks including support for travel and calendaring.
- Collaborate with internal Production, external partners, developers, and agencies for effective campaign execution.
- Track project schedules and key campaign beats
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3 years of product/brand marketing experience in the mobile gaming industry
- Understanding of core Japanese POP culture including Anime, Games, and Manga.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to balance solid strategic thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be a team player, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to develop strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree
- English and Japanese bilingual skill-set is ideal.
Work from home during COVID. Must reside in California