SEGA of America has an immediate opening for a Licensing Specialist who will take an active role in supporting and driving new business for the ATLUS licensing program. This position will drive the company’s overall efforts to identify licensing opportunities and orchestrate the outbound licensing of ATLUS’s intellectual properties, characters, and content, using keen insight into all video game genres, popular culture and latest technology trends to assess business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience with on-going project planning for creative projects, merchandising, and consumer events, and will recommend categories/products to be licensed, and directing the development of licensing deals. This position sets short-term strategic objectives and provides input into the long-term strategies of the licensing program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and pursue licensing opportunities across multiple product categories, focusing on outbound licensing. Pitch, evaluate & negotiate deals with potential licensees in various categories.
- Identify new product categories for license opportunities and potential partners to pitch and evaluate within each category.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key licensing partners; attend trade shows to establish/nurture relationships with potential licensees.
- Oversee the product and packaging approval process from initial concept to final product.
- Review and track concept and sample submissions independently and with internal teams, setting timely review and approval dates and deadline.
- Prepare presentations and reports utilizing market data for internal review and approvals and for external pitches to key partners.
- Represents ATLUS at tradeshows, conventions, and at other events, coordinating booth set-up including design and merchandise, show floor management, and post-show recap.
- Develop staff and workback schedules for events, concepting and producing the merchandise selection for each event, including event-specific promotion collateral.
- Oversee and maintain online storefronts, managing inventory, generating sales reports, and working with business partners.
- Track and provide monthly inventory sheets to Accounting, review revenue.
- Review and manage license contracts, deal memos, and work closely with legal team to finalize contracts.
- Work with ATLUS Japan, Sega of Europe, and internal departments to ensure global consistency on ATLUS’s brand licensing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in outbound licensing; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly with potential licensees and international offices.
- Ability to create and effectively deliver brand presentations to potential licensing partners.
- Experience in reviewing and contributing to finance and legal documents.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with an excellent eye and sense for design.
- Organized self-starter, with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential product, business, and trade information.
- Open to flexible hours while working with overseas teams.
- Fully bilingual in English and Japanese, with excellent knowledge of both cultures.
- Prior experience in video game industry and/or working with Japanese publishers.
- A deep knowledge of and experience with ATLUS games.
- Experience in event planning and/or graphic design.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.