SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
SEGA of America seeks a sharp and analytical individual with a passion for mobile, media planning, digital marketing, and a gift for communication and a love of data. You will be working with SEGA’s marketing teams to create and execute strategies and media plans across a plethora of famous game brands and innovative new IP.
With a data-backed approach, you will collaborate with game studios and the brand marketing team to grow the brand and games. You will be tasked with acquiring high-quality users through paid media and by leveraging promotional opportunities across SEGA’s owned media.
This position is a unique opportunity to be able to work on advertising for both direct response mobile campaigns and digital brand awareness campaigns.
Help Sonic the Hedgehog and other popular SEGA IP reach its millions of fans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop innovative omnichannel media plans designed to drive direct response customer acquisition campaigns and brand awareness for mobile, console, and PC games.
- Orchestrate brand and consumer acquisition campaigns, testing a variety of traffic sources and targeting refinements with the goal of growing the user base and maximizing return on investment.
- Establish funnel success metrics and provide a detailed interpretation of performance data, identifying new opportunities.
- Analyze campaign data and research data and present findings to brand marketing teams and executives.
- Ensure games and campaigns are tagged and tracked correctly, defining event goals associated with user acquisition objectives and support game studios and the brand teams during implementation.
- Build a scalable media strategy that drives sales and awareness of the game and brand.
- Lead the measurement and analysis of media plan performance and ensure campaign optimization is happening in an on-going basis.
- Manage ATL media agency and maintain point of contact for acquisition and media campaigns.
- Conduct research and analysis and present findings to the brand marketing teams and game studios.
Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience in digital/growth marketing with a focus on media planning.
- Hands-on experiencing directly planning and managing digital paid media campaigns.
- Knowledgeable with game marketing and eCommerce techniques.
- Expert in digital, programmatic, paid search, and social media platforms.
- Experience working with audience builders to run retargeting campaigns on mobile apps and web platforms.
- Understanding of new user acquisition on iOS and Android platforms gained from frontline experience at a game publisher, adverting network, direct response media agency or relevant professional field.
- Deep understanding of how to use media to drive awareness and conversions of console and PC gaming brands.
- Knowledge of industry planning and research tools.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrating the ability to perform complex data analysis and building data-driven reports.
- A seasoned negotiator with significant influence and relevant industry contacts across Advertising Networks, DSP, SSP, and digital media outlets.
- Experience of working with development teams and media outlets to properly implement and test analytics tracking.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, draft, and share presentations to the executive team in a clear and effective manner.
- Self-motivated, revenue driven, and passionate about supporting SEGA in the online games space.
- Outstanding oral, written, and multi-cultural communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess good time management as well as business process management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the traditional business setting.
- Active player of mobile, PC and console games, able to understand the perspective of both casual and mid-core gamer.
Local applicants only please (No Relocation)