SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Brand Manager is responsible for developing and driving the continued growth of some of the biggest SEGA lPs in the west.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of brand and marketing strategies for the product’s entire lifecycle
- Assist in developing goals and objectives for your team members to improve efficiency and motivation
- Execute on consumer product, channel, and first party partnership opportunities
- Oversee large-scale events, production and promotions, broadcasting operations, sponsor relationships, program management, and player interfacing
- Work closely with the cross functional and international teams to ensure development, marketing, and sales executions are integrated and aligned with the project’s strategic and financial goals
- Identify areas of concern in the execution of the brand plan and course correct to maximize the success of the product.
- Develops and manages asset library for assigned titles, Oversees the creation and delivery of assets (trailers, screen shots, logos, etc.) by working with internal departments and external vendors as required and Delivers assets to internal partner organizations and external partners when necessary
- Analyzes consumer research and business data to intelligently develop marketing investments
- Manages creative production of advertising and core brand assets including but not limited to trailers, packaging, special edition content, social media, etc.
- Understands the media landscape, recognizes opportunities, and demonstrates knowledge of booking creative and effective media campaigns
- Manages media agencies, creative agencies, event agencies, and promotional partnerships
- Serves as a key contact across the development group to supply them with key consumer and marketing insight
- Defend, champion, and evolve the voice of SEGA Legendary brands
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- 3-4+ years of experience in a publisher marketing role within gaming and or consumer products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams
- Experience creating and owning a marketing plan from the research and positioning stage through go-to-market and live services
- Must provide evidence of ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to budget, analyze and project sales and forecasts for upcoming products
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude
- Independent worker with little or no supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within set budget, timelines, and to meet deadlines without fail
- Ability to develop, pitch, and execute a marketing plan, while delegating tasks and working with cross functional teams to ensure the vision is executed effectively to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to manage a small team, delegate tasks, and set clear goals to improve workplace and department efficiency
- Must have experience working in a global environment
- Willing to work overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan at off hours
- Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required