SEGA of America is looking for a hardworking, motivated, and highly organized paralegal/contract specialist to support its continuing growth. This position will be part of the Legal & Business Affairs Department and work under the supervision of attorneys to support SEGA of America’s video game and consumer products and services. A good fit will be flexible to take on different roles and responsibilities and enjoy working collaboratively.!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate and finalize a high volume and broad range of agreements, such as services, vendor, development, advertising, marketing, license and nondisclosure agreements.
- Assist with the preparation of legal correspondence, statements of work, insertion orders, contest rules, affidavits of eligibility, releases and other documents as needed.
- Assist with the legal clearance of marketing and video game assets.
- Manage form templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Strong critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive and professional attitude. Must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm.
- Strong aptitude for learning. Willingness to take on increased responsibility.
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities. Able to adapt to changing priorities and demands. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to take direction from senior attorneys and work independently with little or no supervision, and as part of a team.
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Experience working with intellectual property issues (e.g., copyrights, trademarks, etc.).
- Experience working in the video game or entertainment industry / interest in video games.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Japanese language skills. Experience working in a multinational/multicultural environment.