SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Helpdesk Technician is a member of a customer service focused Technology Services organization and will be responsible for being a key contributor to the team in a system support capacity. This role is responsible for investigating and resolving software and hardware problems for the Sega of America and exemplifying excellent customer service skills and enthusiasm. Work closely with the Sr. Helpdesk Technician to manage desktop system deployment projects, focusing on the successful roll-out of applications that improve productivity, efficiency and otherwise provide tools that enable the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking, resolving, and closing helpdesk tickets.
- Answering, evaluating, and resolving assigned support requests from Sega of America staff experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, etc.
- Monitoring the helpdesk ticket queue and escalating to team members when needed.
- Installing computer hardware and software.
- Providing training on the proper use of systems and software.
- Assisting staff with the setup of audio, video and web conferencing.
- Assisting with and training users on various presentation systems.
- Supporting and assisting staff with hardware/software phones.
- Providing support for scanning and printing services.
- Providing remote assistance for employees in multiple offices.
- Troubleshooting, identifying, and escalating issues requiring urgent attention.
- Other tasks as requested by Technology Services management
System and Software Provisioning and Inventory Management
- Assisting with software and hardware procurement.
- Processing, tracking orders and ensuring delivery to IT staff and associates.
- Helping to maintaining inventory of hardware devices and software licenses.
- Helping to manage software and hardware maintenance support contracts.
- Helping with hardware and software deployment projects (i.e. OS upgrades).
- Helping to manage provider accounts.
- Assist in managing accounts for approved cloud apps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Exceptional customer service/people skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite) in a mixed platform (PC/MAC) environment.
- Familiar with project management software and tools.
- Excellent knowledge of communication and collaboration applications.
- Experience installing and supporting hardware peripherals and networked devices.
- Experience with remote support applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Act as a positive, friendly team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must have an excellent work ethic, attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or equivalent experience. Achievement of or working towards key industry certifications (CompTIA A+, MCP, etc.) would be a huge plus.
- Experience rolling out new applications and solutions.
- Experience managing endpoints using security and management tools.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.