SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
This position assists in the preparation and processing of the company’s payroll and assists with other HR duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salaries, and compensation data.
- Audit Time & Attendance records and reconcile discrepancies.
- Ensure accurate sick time and PTO balances.
- Respond to payroll and benefits inquiries from employees.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in updating employee benefits information and verifying 3rd party billing.
- Review, verify, and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for payroll transactions, benefits, and accruals.
- Coordinate with the HR Department/Payroll Manager on inputting new hires, terminations, and salary adjustments in the payroll system.
- Research and troubleshoot payroll discrepancies and resolve any payroll related issues.
- Support Payroll Manager with running reports and ensuring HR Compliance.
- Organize employee files and records.
- Assist with New Hire on-boarding and orientation meetings.
- Assist with HR administrative tasks.
- Assist with celebration planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of payroll and general HR experience.
- College level courses in related field.
- Working knowledge of a Payroll/HRIS system (experience with Paycom is a plus).
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Must be a team player and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.