SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The First Party & Events Manager reports to the Director, First Party & Events to support all SEGA Brand teams on First Party marketing and event activations for the new console, PC, and mobile game launches, as well as ongoing live services updates. She/he will support key partner relationships with First Party platforms (e.g. PlayStation, Microsoft, Apple, Google) as a central point of contact and cross-functional evangelist. The successful candidate will have experience in project management for marketing and events, knowledge of the digital gaming and mobile ecosystems, and be skilled at operating within a matrix structure, interfacing with a cross-section of international stakeholders.
The ideal individual will be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a solid understanding of digital and partner marketing. They will have a keen eye for detail, tracking ongoing updates for game roadmaps and developing first-party pitches and communications, as well as overseeing the planning and day-to-day execution for SEGA’s presence at large-scale trade shows and events. They will be comfortable tracking and working with data and research to help inform multi-channel marketing and event plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a First Party evangelist and serve as a central point of contact for cross-functional communications on the planning, reporting, and analysis of partner marketing campaigns for SEGA game titles. Lead partner updates meetings and ensure all relevant internal teams are represented.
- Work with Brand, Marketing Services, Product Development, and Publishing teams to plan and execute first-party and event marketing activations for SEGA brands and products in order to impact specified business KPIs.
- Represent SEGA of America and ensure alignment with SEGA of Japan and SEGA of Europe to successfully support partnerships and programs with first parties and other partners within the Americas.
- Produce First Party presentations with Brand and Product teams, providing actionable insights and feedback as to the format, content, and delivery timelines.
- Manage game roadmaps and shared marketing plans to keep internal and external teams up to date on key business and marketing plan details over time.
- Lead internal committee to select, plan and design content and featuring for corporate events, balancing design with budgetary requirements.
- Manage logistics and deliverables for trade shows, including registration, staffing, schedules, custom premium items, housing, packing, and shipping.
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate with key event logistics partners to increase efficiencies.
- Track and analyze partner marketing and event activation performance ROI to understand trends and make recommendations for future projects and KPIs.
- Route, organize, and distribute key marketing assets and materials across internal stakeholders and publishing partners for digital and partner marketing campaigns.
- Keep up to date with videogames, entertainment, social network, event, and pop culture trends to continuously educate all stakeholders and inform strategic planning.
- Work with Legal, Accounting, and other internal stakeholders to ensure event and vendor contracts are clearly defined, documented, and executed. Manage internal process for completing payments according to contractual obligations.
- Other responsibilities are performed as assigned or needed.
Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience across digital and/or partnership marketing, communications, and event management.
- Video game and/or Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Thrives in a cross-functional role within a matrixed global organization.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess good time management skills and business process management abilities. Should be solution-oriented and able to prioritize quickly in a changing environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with all departments and levels within the company, as well as with external partners and outside vendors, to keep projects on track. Must be able to give and receive factual information, give and receive clear directions, explain difficult material, and convince others to take action.
- Ability to put together strategic marketing presentations and evangelize them to all stakeholders.
- Ability to see trends, understand the competitive landscape and have the aptitude to see the big business picture. Able to understand the perspective of the game consumer across genres and platforms.
- Experience managing high-profile partners/accounts and working with large-scale multi-media entertainment franchises on global campaigns is a plus.