SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Work together with growth marketing, ad monetization and business teams to help analyze data for SEGA’s mobile, web and digital console games. The ideal candidate is data-obsessed and has solid experience using large datasets to create insightful reports and drive strategies for user acquisition, retention and monetization. The Data Analyst will focus on implementing and analyzing metrics in order to guide projects to launch and ensure their continued success post-launch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work together with SEGA’s studios, marketing and business leaders to identify analytical requirements for titles and plan for data collection
- Use multiple big data sets to create insightful reports and drive strategies for user acquisition and monetization
- Develop and maintain highly functional dashboards to monitor mobile game KPIs
- Identify areas of opportunity for optimizing ad monetization yield and user acquisition ROAS performance
- Build and maintain LTV forecast models. Analyze user acquisition performance against LTV targets
- Run regression analysis to help quantify the impact of app store optimization on the in-flow of organic users
- Perform in-depth statical analysis on creative assets to surface actionable insights which can be fed into the creative pipeline
- Draw metrics from unified auction and historical data to help value and price SEGA’s ad inventory for direct advertising deals
- Research competitor data to assess market fit for new mobile game project proposals
- Assist in the design and implementation of advanced statistical testing for customized problem solving, like A/B testing and predictive analytics
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2+ years of full-time work experience in data analytics
- Degree with a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or another quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with designing visualizations either in Tableau, another BI software (e.g. PowerBI or Looker), or an open-source plotting package (e.g. ggplot in R or matplotlib/seaborn in Python)
- Proficiency with querying data from relational databases using SQL or another query language
- Experience communicating analytical results to a non-technical audience
- Comfort with working with cleaning, organizing, and validating messy or unstructured data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for formatting ad hoc reports
- Experience retrieving data from API endpoints or using web scraping
- Experience with cloud or distributed computing services, i.e. AWS Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, etc.
- Formal work experience in mobile or digital advertising
- Understanding of microtransaction-driven and “games as a service” business models
- Video game industry experience, especially in the social/free-to-play space a strong plus
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. We are located in Irvine, CA. Applicants outside of the Los Angeles/Orange County area will not be considered.