SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series?…
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
Work together with Brand Marketing, Sales, Creative Services, Media and CRM teams to help analyze data for SEGA’s PC and console games. The ideal candidate is data-obsessed and has solid experience using large datasets to create insightful reports and drive strategies for improving SEGA’s relationships with its customers. The Data Analyst will focus on implementing and analyzing metrics in order to guide projects to launch and ensure their continued success post-launch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with Brand Marketing, Media and CRM teams create strategies and measure success of campaigns, channels and customer segments performance, to help drive performance and campaign efficiency
- Develop and maintain highly functional dashboards to monitor top of funnel brand engagement metrics and bottom of funnel media and sales performance KPIs
- Leverage campaign performance data to identify ways to optimize marketing spend
- Quantify the effects of community social media engagement and earned/owned media coverage on game sales KPIs
- Combine survey and purchase data to understand how SEGA’s customers behave
- Using tools like Pathmatics, run competitor media and creative analysis and surface regular reports to SEGA’s Creative Services and Media team
- Produce ad hoc reports on various facets of business performance
- Assist in design and implementation of statistical testing, like A/B testing and predictive analytics, for improving creative design and user experience for websites and other owned media
- Analyse email campaign effectiveness, run cluster analysis, and suggest segmentation strategies
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and make actionable recommendations that will in turn help to improve customer lifetime value and reduce churn
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2+ years of full-time work experience in data analytics
- Degree with a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or another quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with designing visualizations either in Tableau, another BI software (e.g. PowerBI or Looker), or an open-source plotting package (e.g. ggplot in R or matplotlib/seaborn in Python)
- Proficiency with querying data from relational databases using SQL or another query language
- Experience communicating analytical results to a non-technical audience
- Comfort with working with cleaning, organizing, and validating messy or unstructured data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for formatting ad hoc reports
- Experience retrieving data from API endpoints or using web scraping
- Experience with cloud or distributed computing services, i.e. AWS Redshift, Databricks, etc
- Formal work experience in the advertising or video games industry
- Understanding of microtransaction-driven business and “games as service” models