SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog to Golden Axe to the Persona series?
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution from a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Manages pre-recruiting approval process.
- Manages job posting and advertisement processes.
- Networks/sources to find qualified candidates.
- Screens candidates and schedules interviews.
- Engages with external recruiters, as necessary.
- Oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Collaborates with hiring manager and other human resource staff during the recruitment and offer process.
- Manages the hiring approval process.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs.
- Leads Applicant Tracking System buildout and maintenance.
- Trains organization in interviewing skills and other HR topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process in the video gaming industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement recruitment sourcing strategies.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- SHRM/HRCI credential/certificate a plus.