SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog to Golden Axe to the Persona series?
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Finance Manager is responsible to prepare, track, and monitor the budgets for all departments and establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise/manage the Accounting Data Analyst.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements for management review which include appropriate analysis for variance and other supporting details.
- Monitor costs to ensure Department spending is in line with the Business Plan and be able to maintain flexibility to approve items not budgeted in the Business Plan.
- Prepare monthly income and specific analysis as needed for management review.
- Help in the preparation of annual business plan, forecasts, and the departmental business plans.
- Facilitate the yearly audit process and prepare the necessary audit support to prepare the yearly financial statements.
- Works with the Director, Finance & Accounting Department Heads and SOJ on a variety of projects, costing analysis, marketing spending analysis and forecasts.
- Work closely with other Accounting member and research questions and variances as necessary.
- Compiles projects and analyzes financial data. On a per-project basis, compiles historical financial data from various sources including general ledger, budget and/or downloaded reports. Create and prepare spreadsheets to clearly illustrate sources, assumptions, and analysis methods, which allow the reader to understand the appropriate conclusion.
- Interacts with department managers to clarify industry standards and document operational procedures.
- Liaison with the IT department and the Corporate Planning department to assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow and the budget management and analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated experience with developing budgets, legal compliance, tracking budget expenses, US GAAP, accounting, managing processes, reporting research results, management proficiency, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills on MS office, accounting software and database
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and outside of the company
- +5 years of related experience is preferred
- +5 years supervisory experience is preferred
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Must have excellent time management & follow up skills.
- Must be flexible & a team player