SEGA… What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog to Golden Axe to the Persona series?
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for tax compliance for SEGA of America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and provide the information to the outside accountant for the annual withholding tax returns (Form 1042)
- Monitor and manage the tax related documents (W-8BEN-E, etc.…)
- Prepare and file the sales/used taxes
- File the annual business registration
- File the California Environmental Fee return
- Work with the outside accountant for the Federal/State correspondences
- Prepare/Provide the necessary information to the outside accountant for the quarterly and annual tax provision calculation and the annual corporate income tax returns (including the estimated taxes)
- Calculate the APA royalties for SOJ and ACL monthly
- Support Senior Manager with special projects
- Facilitate the yearly audit process and prepare the necessary audit support to prepare the yearly financial statements
- Research and interpret tax laws.
- In charge of the individual tax returns for the Japanese expatriates
- Work with HR department for the GU calculation
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes (Monitor the new/updated tax laws and work with Senior Manager and the outside accountant.)
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Forecast tax payments
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance or Taxation
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills on MS office, accounting software and database
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and outside of the company
- +5 years of related experience is preferred
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Must have excellent time management & follow up skills.
- Must be flexible & a team player
- Advanced Excel Skill